Pet Poison Prevention Month
According to the American Animal Health Association
This March we are bringing light to Poison Prevention Awareness Month. This month we encourage our readers to educate themselves on the dangers of accidental pet poisonings and how to prevent them. Here are a few tips on how to prevent accidental poisonings from occurring:
- Secure cabinets with cleaning agents
- Make sure that any cabinets containing cleaning agents are not in reach of your pet. Make sure to real the labels on any cleaning agents to make sure they are not poisonous to your pet.
- Never give your pet human medication
- You should NEVER give your pet human medication. The only medications your pet should receive should be prescribed to your pet by your veterinarian.
- Be careful of the foods you feed your pet
- We all have heard of how harmful chocolate is to our pets, but there are many other foods that are just as harmful – such as grapes and onions.
- If your pet has been subject to poisoning, please be sure to:
- Contact your veterinarian
- Call the ASPCA National Animal Poison Control Center
- Call the poison control help hotline
Along with these helpful tips, be sure to check out Allegro Paws: Classical Music for Pets – Leisure Time.
Written by Aubrey Martin
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.